Boost your curb appeal!
Is your house Catching the eye of perspective buyers on your street?
In real estate we often talk about a properties curb appeal. Obviously the first thing that you notice when you drive up to a property is its appearance! We often overlook curb appeal and over focus on renovating and doing upgrades to the inside of the house! Albeit these things are particularly important also! If you think about it from an advertising perspective, curb appeal should be one of the most important things we look at when we put a house up for sale! It is the first thing we see!
How would you rate your house and its curb appeal right now?
Here are a few budgets friendly ‘fix ups’ You might want to think about before you put your house up for sale:
- Front door paint. You might want to think about changing the colour of your front door or adding colour to your front door if it is only plain white. This can be very welcoming as someone drives up to your house!
- Clean the windows. It is amazing what a little elbow grease can do. Clean windows really change the appearance of your house! It also shows a perspective buyer how much you care for your house. Give it a go and see for yourself.
- Garage door up-date. This one can be a little bit more costly so do your homework! New garage doors add a world of difference to your home’s appearance.
- Tidy up. Simply doing a real thorough cleaning and trimming trees and bushes makes a world of difference to the appearance of the house. Freshly groomed flowerbeds and trimmed grass always projects a feeling of a well cared for home!
- Perhaps your driveway needs a new coat of seal, or a fresh layer of gravel.
These are just a few things you might want to consider before you put your house on the real estate market! I am often amazed by what a BIG difference sometimes SMALL changes make!
In Brandon and surrounding areas, we have many small businesses that can help with all these projects. Just let me know if you need help sourcing out local handymen, cleaning companies, lawn/yard care companies, and I wide range of home improvement sources!
Good luck with your next project!